Surprising but that is the fact, all organisations can learn quite a few lessons in customer experience from him.
He visited a college in Delhi & addressed students in a jam packed hall, massive rally in Punjab in June, he addressed massive rally in Hyderabad earlier this month, he tops popularity chart for the post of PM of a country of our size. He was not a national leader & still he has built his solid brand across India. Charisma is the word but this charisma is built by experience people are experiencing about him.
First and foremost he has huge fan base in Gujarat because of work he has done for the people of Gujarat and decisive leadership he has demonstrated. Many innovative schemes are implemented which have impacted the lives of the citizen in quite a positive way.
After doing what matters to the citizen of his state he has shown mastery in communication skills. Not only his oratory skill but he has used all traditional as well as modern social media to showcase what he could achieve for the people of his state. We have the concept of bestselling books and not best written books. To convert best written book into bestselling book, book must communicate, readers of the book also must communicate about it. In his case perhaps he is best performing as well as best selling CM & this is only because of communication skills and effective use of mediums. You cannot afford to lack either.
Now he is making people across the country believe that same kind of growth , faster decision making , efficient & non corrupt bureaucracy which is on the edge to help, support & execute & most important decisive leadership is possible. These are the pain points for the people in other states.
Lessons are as under:
1) Focus single Mindedly in creating wow !! Customer experience which in his case he has demonstrated by series of innovative measures keeping citizen interest & pain points at heart. All machinery at his disposal have been geared up to help people of the state. This has created millions of fan follower.
Whether your organisation is single mindedly geared up to offer delightful customer experience ? How many fan following your product/service commands ?
2) Distinctly communicate to potential customers what have you done for your existing customers and how have you impacted their life for the better. Use all possible medium to communicate. Allow your FANs to use platform you create to communicate with your future customers.
What & How are you communicating with your present & potential customers ? For zappos.com , CEO Tony , message is clear Delivering Happiness, for Narendra Modi message is clear Development. What is your clear message to all your present and potential customers? (This will be more effective if this is otherwise a pain point for them).
3) Demonstrate that you can address all pain points your potential customers are facing by their loyalty to competing brand. Your existing customer experience creating capabilities coupled with how that experience is addressing known pain points of customers is very important.
Do you know what are the pain points of your potential customers which you can address ?
- Create an experience (change culture, design and execute)
- Communicate an experience (your fans will do it)
- Communicate it is possible for all i.e. for your non customers (use all possible media)
- Create Confidence that you can do it (all the above three at play at its best can do it)
Lessons in CE are coming from everywhere, are you willing to look around & listen ?