- You have used services of design architect to design your office promise
- You have used services of interior designer to design your office interiors
- You have used services of graphic designer to design your soft images , logo , stationery
- You have used services of industrial designer to design your manufacturing set up
- You have used services of product designer to design your products even ;
- You have used services of fashion designer to design your clothes
Designers are only used by companies & individuals for self use and benefits. However in a era of customer experience where every company is in service business , unless companies uses designing skills of following two class of designers, competitive advantage wont be achieved by use of all other designers. They are ;
- Customer Experience Designers
- Service Designers
To an extent their role over laps but there is a clear cut need for their skills to design what is called excellent , delightful & memorable customer experience.
Service Designers (SD) actually design the services how that will be delivered. Its about intangible ways in which customer feels WOW !! while availing the services.
Customer Experience (CX) Design is a large canvas which includes HOW the experience will be created , unfolded at all touch points.
Forrester Research Consultant , Kerry Bodine has written about interplay of CS & SD in her recent article HOW DOES SERVICE DESIGN RELATE TO CX AND UX?
CX covers entire customer journey while SD covers each of the touch points separately & how actually services are delivered. Unless proactively designed services & customer experience will be listless , plain, undifferentiated and many a times frustrating for customers.
Its time businesses MUST embrace CX & SD skills - In house or outsourced.