WOW!!! Met an entrepreneur Bharat Jagani, of BTC ( from 180 sq feet shop in 2006 to 15000 sq feet corporate house in 5 years - Focus - Just One Business ) , par excellence in his age of 40. Again ( DH Ambani , Bill Gates & the Likes ) , no formal graduation in college but his policies which can teach today's MBAs many things. I met him in Pune on Sunday last. We also had in our group one young girl pursuing her MBA. She was just astonished with the way this man is driving his decisions and business. We also had some interaction and discussions but to cut a long story short I cud list down some of the learning from our meeting with him.
- Battle for Profit is won with great relationship ( suppliers, employees & customers ) and not by logical /rational analysis of left brain thinking alone.
- People ( Employees ) will work for U or Die for U , depends on yr HR Practices & How Top Man walk his talk.
- Taking Risk is indispensable, Managing it Successfully is the Art ( differentiators ) . ( Of-course not by all means, End should not justify Means )
- Technology is just Business Support , people are the business drivers.
- Gut Feel & Luck MUST be given due consideration in every decisions.
Earlier I wrote that entrepreneurship = passion and patience ( http://aanekant.blogspot.com/2011/05/new-start-up-six-qualities-of-start-up.html ). I wud like to add a few more to the list : vision , daring & relationship.