Yes Norwegian Insurance Company Gjensidige decide to become Extreme Customer Orientation company.
Point is not HOW and WHY. Point is degree of customer focus companies have started to become to differentiate and create superior customer experience.
Customer Experience (CE) as sustainable competitive advantage is now accepted by many companies. Leaders will always take a lead and grab first movers’ advantage. Followers will have no choice later and will be forced to focus on CE but that will be at the cost of lots of brand damage & first mover advantage.
By two and half years into the process Gjensidige had been a dramatic rise in their position of Norwegian National Customer Satisfaction Barometer & won two of the biggest customer satisfaction awards for their industry. They have consistently beaten market expectations with their financial results & can prove that they provide their services more efficiently than their peers in Europe & US.
Even CE is a new Marketing strategy. Without first focusing on customer experience or extreme customer focus, thinking & deciding about marketing campaign is a shallow strategy.
- Do you map your customer journey ?
- Do you conduct customer experience audit ?
- Do you measure your customer experience ?
- Do you have defined customer experience statement?
- Do you have deliberate customer experience designed for all touch points?
- Do you have someone in charge of end to end customer experience ?
- Do you discuss customer issues in senior management meeting ?
Extremely customer sensitive companies have started focusing on extreme customer orientation, have you stared focusing on basic customer experience ?