The First Question
Customer Experience Management is the mother of all enterprise level initiatives like lean, six sigma, tqm, process engineering, business strategy, human resource etc all are in a way is impacting customer experience. Now if we consider Customer Experience as sustainable competitive advantage then all our initiatives should commence by keeping CE perspective at the center.
After the company decides about the products and services it is planning to offer to the market and geography it decides to operate in THE FIRST QUESTION to be asked is what kind of customer experience company wants to create for its customers.
There are nine leakage points which dilutes scintillating customer experience. Therefore unless customer experience statement is defined lens of the management will miss these leaky points. In the process to answer the first question company will define customer experience statement.
Having defined the statement every action and initiatives will be aimed to achieve & maintain this statement. Budget for any initiatives will be viewed in terms of its impact on customer experience.
Every initiatives mentioned above will be to fix leakage in customer experience happening through leakage points;
- a) Leadership & Culture ( Culture & Governance Policies )
- b) Customer Strategy ( CE Statement & whether every other function align to this strategy? )
- c) Customer Expectations ( tqm, lean, costing, innovation )
- d) People ( HR )
- e) Process ( BPR, Lean, Six Sigma )
- f) Marketing & Branding ( Marketing , Social Media, Advertising , PR )
- g) System ( IT, Technology, Mfg or Service Set up )
- h) Measurement ( right measurement matrix )
- i) Distribution Channel ( distribution policy, training and hand holding )
When the above nine points are focused upon on a regular basis by keeping lens of customer experience on , company will then hardly needs any other area to focus upon ( ofcourse except taxation ).
Time has come for every organisation to ask the first question and realign to answer the first question.