Thursday, December 20, 2012
Friday, December 7, 2012
Unless you shake up the bottle, you will get diluted version of the medicine. Unless you share up the institutions /companies, you get diluted performance.
Therefore shaking up MUST be a part of regular activity if medicine or institutions have to perform at its finest potential.
Our Institutions and companies for that matter perform below the potential merely due to non shaking up regularly. Mr Arvind Kejriwal & Team Anna have shaken up our democracy. People are now more forthcoming , speaking up and participating in democratic process and issues concerning them.
Even at companies new CEO can bring life if he is enthusiastic and have capability to see things in different light. Status-Quo is the biggest challenge everywhere. Status Quo is nothing but unshaken condition.
Look at the leaders who shook up the things.
Arvind Kejriwal , Narendra Modi , Nitish Kumar , Rajiv Gandhi , TN Seshan, CAG Vinod Rai , Manmohan Singh of 1991 , Ex BMC Commissioner Subodh Kumar........
Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Narayana Murthy (IT), Kishor Biyani (Retail), Dhirubhai Ambani
(Capital Market and Business)......
There are many institutions and companies that are looking for someone who really can shake them up and enable them to realise and/or regain its true potential.
Shekhar Suman Show Movers and Shakers might have lived its life, but we need Movers/Shakers everywhere, or else we all r likely to go sleep.
Are you a Shaker or waiting for one?
To become Shaker:
- Ask Why as often
- Ask Why Not more often
- Challenge Established Practice for betterment (better Speed, lower cost, higher reach, more revenue, happier people )
- Change Responsibility in Organisation
- Re-imagine world around You (every year). Execute what you can influence.
Name some of the Movers & Shakers known to you? How they Shook the world around them.
Monday, November 26, 2012
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Well the title suggests some co-relation between the two judgement.
Yesterday Mumbai High Court delivered a judgement on VAT to be Payable by the builders. Therefore no relief to the builders for which the case was in court.
I have been observing since last few years, every court and consumer body are delivering judgement against the builder or builder body MCHI. There is a news about some or the other cheating by builders more often. Press is full of negative news about the builder community.
In such a scenario what is the role of MCHI or CREDAI? I haven't seen any advertisement in the press by MCHI other than their regular exhibition 3/4 times a year. That are the only times they are seen in the press. That's it.
What financial market regulator SEBI does? They are out in the press many a times during the year to educate and make investors aware about the market. They are concerned about the fraudulent companies and think that investors should not be fooled or looted by these companies and there fore education and awareness. These kind of initiatives build perception.
Rajat Gupta of ex Mckinsey got support letter from 400 top notch people of the world and his sentence was reduced substantially by the judge. It was only token sentence of Jail. His good work and his perception about otherwise individual conduct had an impact on the judge and it saved him from rigorous punishment.
Therefore if one wants to be seen and heard from the heart , perception in the market plays significant role. The way good perception helps to reduce the gravity , bad perception will act negatively.
MCHI talks about their consumer grievances cell. Why don't they publish data on how many complaints they received and how many issues were resolved? Why don't they come out in press periodically to make consumer aware about bad practices in the industries and dos and donts while buying home or dealing with builders? No concerns for consumers and only time to go to press is when they want to sale their products. This will not work.
Bad perception is being created by some of their members by their conduct and no effort to create good perception effort by some aggressive proactive action , how can you win trust of consumers, authorities and even courts?
Food for thought for MCHI to ACT and ACT proactively for the betterment of consumers at large and not only for the benefit of their members. Rajat Gupta and MCHI both are impacted by their perception - one positively and one negatively.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
1. Robert Varda Must open up for SC Judge Inquiry
2. Govt Must work towards passing of Lokpal Bill acceptable to all parties may not be to Arvind Kejriwal
3. Govt Must speed up non FDI procedural reforms
4. 2 G and Coal Gate, CWG scamsters Must be prosecuted in fast track courts
5. Govt Must come out with VRS Scheme – Voluntary Resignation Scheme for their ministers before their scams are unearthed
6. IAC and Anna Hajare Must dig out all political, bureaucratic and corporate scams
7. Nitin Gadkari Must prove beyond doubt that nothing is wrong in his conduct of public life
8. BJP Must declare Narendra Modi as PM candidate and invite any opposition leaders to debate on TV
9. Educated class Must join politics – party of their choice and get more engaged in national activities
10. Cong Must find out PM candidate for 2014 election as MMS & RG are already discounted and found to be not competent
This will also make Media Free for more productive and positive reporting.